- 2 zucchini (sliced diagonally 1/3 inch thick )
- ½ lbs shiitake mushrooms (stemmed)
- ½ lbs thick asparagus (peeled)
- 1 red onion (sliced 1/3 inch thick )
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 small shallot (very finely chopped )
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Light a grill.
- Brush the zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus and onion with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables over high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred in spots and tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer the grilled vegetables to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for about 12 minutes, until fragrant. Let cool completely.
- Transfer the toasted walnuts to a food processor. Add the shallot, thyme, lemon juice, lemon zest and the 1/2 cup of olive oil and pulse until the nuts are coarsely chopped.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper and drizzle over the grilled vegetables.
Adapted from GladdMD.com